The Dinko Petrov International Memorial
Stara Zagora, Bulgaria
April 7, 2012
Suples USA electrified the International Wrestling Community at the prestigious Cadet Level, Dinko Petrov International Memorial Tournament at Stara Zagora, Bulgaria on April 7, 2012.A powerful field of some of the best Teams in the World converged for this fourth meeting, with 9 Countries (Russia, The United States of America, Bulgaria, Turkey, Greece, Macedonia, European Union, Cyprus, Serbia-Kosovo), and 26 International Teams.
In a word, Suples Team USA “stunned” the International Wrestling Community & made our Country Proud! When the dust settled, Suples USA Cadet’s accounted for 4 Gold Medals, 1-Silver, 1-Bronze, & 1-4th Place Finish AND won the “Outstanding Wrestler Trophies” in both Olympic Styles of Greco-Roman & Freestyle Wrestling. As a Team, that is what we are proud to call, “Suples Strong…”
Hayden Tuma (Idaho) 63 Kg - Gold Medals in both Greco & Freestyle, and the “Outstanding Greco-Roman Wrestler” Trophy
Blaine Invernon (Idaho) 58 Kg Gold Medal in Freestyle and the “Outstanding Freestyle Wrestler” Trophy
Sean Cannon (Nevada) 50 Kg Silver Medal in Greco-Roman Wrestling
Michael Cook (Idaho) 50 Kg Bronze Medal in Freestyle
Brennan Bell (Idaho) 69 Kg 4th Place in Freestyle
William “Billy” Sullivan IV (Nevada) 27 Kg (10 yr. old-Our Team Captain) won 7 of 8 Exhibition Matches against the Bulgarians, Russians, & Turks; then was awarded a Gold Medal as the youngest Foreign wrestler at an International Tournament of this caliber.
Other Suples USA Team Members that fought hard with courage & heart; helped inspire the Team momentum & kept the United States alive throughout the Dinko Petrov & the International Duals by winning “key” matches against some of the best opponents in the World.
Andre Aguinaga (Idaho) 50 Kg – Freestyle won big against Russia.
Bryce Fogleman (Idaho) 41 Kg Freestyle - 8 Exhibition Matches-Dinko Petrov & International Duals.
Scott Danner (Idaho) 46 Kg Freestyle - 8 Exhibition Matches-Dinko Petrov & International Duals.
Other Members of the Suples USA Delegation were:
Hugh M. Suenaga – Team Leader/Coach
Ivan Delchev Ivanov – Head Coach
Dusty Skidmore – Assistant Coach
Robert Fogleman - Parent
The message Suples USA sent to the International Community was vividly clear, & raised a very high bar for future generations. VISUALIZE: “Suples USA, You” were the Voice of Freedom! “You” Dignified the Cause of Human Rights for the People, & “You” were that brilliant shooting star that dazzled the hearts & minds, & inspired the people throughout Bulgaria, Russia, Turkey, Greece, & the European Union. You were the unity for your Families, your Coaches, your Teammates & our Nation as you stood atop the highest Podiums, admired by all. As we reflect on the countless precious memories & Friendships that emerged, as you stood there on the Podium… we all felt that overwhelming Shadow of your Mother & Father, Sister’s & Brother’s, Grand-Mother’s & Grand-Father’s hearts pounding as they gripped you as their arms were raised high along with yours! YOU fought for something much greater than yourself… & through the blood sweat & tears of it all; YOU “Believed”, & let NOTHING stop you short of your destiny with history, as you re-wrote & elevated your lifelong goals. YOU Made Us PROUD!
Suples USA - Congratulations on a spectacular performance! The real difference between you winning & losing was that you were inspired to Dream Bigger & fought with Passion to lead others in that cause. NOTHING shined brighter than your smile, your determined Will, & your Winning Spirit that makes YOU an American, & that will forever make you a “Champion for Life.” When you walk proudly through the crowd, forever listen intently as you did at the Dinko Petrov… the whisper of what you battled hard to earn in your respect; for there goes the “Ameri-can…the Ameri-can…the Ameri-can!”
Suples Team USA participation at International Competitions like the Dinko Petrov is a powerful new beginning of Developmental Growth for all our wrestlers, consistently to the highest levels of achievement at International, National, & Regional Competitions.
The Suples Training Center focus is clear:
1. Recruit & Train Future Olympians to carry the United States Stars & Stripes into battle for Team USA at all Levels as they move towards success at the USOTC & USOEC Programs.
2. Consistently bring higher level training & competition “opportunities” both Domestically & especially Internationally, not only open to Suples Wrestlers, but nationally as well…
3. Provide a means whereby our best age group wrestlers can “measure” their progress & performance against the best in the world to better prepare them for higher level International Competition & Success.
4. Inspire & empower wrestlers to love our Sport, increase participation, & validate the value of their coaches & training to dream bigger; then fight for something greater than themselves to achieve those dreams.
5. Create an Annual series of long term Training & Cultural Exchanges where Foreign Teams will reciprocate travel to either of our two Suples Training Centers in Boise or Pocatello, Idaho for Training & Advanced Growth through Competitions. Already there is discussion of our hosting INTERNATIONAL Team Delegations from other Countries here at Suples such as the Russians, Bulgarians, Japanese, & German Cadet & Junior Teams here in Idaho.
The next scheduled Suples International Training & Competition Tour is August 2-17, 2012 to Bulgaria, Turkey, & towards Germany with the German Junior National Team.
Expect to Win!